Momivate is a nonprofit run by volunteers who believe that:
- Mothers have a unique opportunity to shape society through their children
- Children have an innate need to be with their mothers the majority of their formative years
- Motherhood needs an upgrade so that women will want to choose this profession, understanding the benefits to their children as well as themselves
- Society needs to support mothers in this role by:
- Motherhood is a full-time job! The child-care crisis is solved if we acknowledge the impracticality of outsourcing motherhood, and establish motherhood as a multi-dimensional occupation worthy of our time and talents.
- Our nonprofit is a form of gratitude to mothers for the work they do. Our board members are currently all volunteering our time and expertise. To understand better why we chose a nonprofit structure, please read this!
our organization is brand new. Here are a few of our programs that have launched:
- Offering MomEvents to build our Momentum! See our CALENDAR here!
- Training Momivators -- essentially mentor moms who will host SMILE gatherings and build a sense of MomUnity. Sign up here!
- Hosting a Revolving Closet to alleviate the budgetary strain of clothing for our little ones! Read more about it here!
- Providing solid ideas to moms about how they can get more TIME and HELP from one another during those intensive years of young ones by establishing MomPods (CONTACT US to get more information about this program).
- Translating the work of motherhood into resume-worthy language so employers value the skills you've built during your time raising your children. We call this the R.A.I.S.E. Certification in Motherhood!
- Another organization offers the services that we envisioned for our MamaBase so we have their website linked to THIS PAGE. We also want to provide information about organizations that help mothers build their employable skills so we have a growing list on THIS PAGE. Feel free to contact us to let us know about other resources we can list!
Here are some programs we aim to launch as we gather funds -- please consider partnering with us to bring these about:
- Media campaigns that establish motherhood as a worthwhile endeavor and viable means to prevent and solve many societal problems
- SMILE gatherings that allow moms to meet their "co-workers" and cultivate their maternal instincts into powerful capabilities, giving them support and guidance as they R.A.I.S.E. U.P. society!
- Developing an App called MomUnity that uses MomUnits to essentially compensate mothers (to some extent) for the work they do as mothers! This is an incredible idea that needs the help of an App design expert, programmer, and developer to become a reality.
- Advocacy among employers and human resources leaders to help them understand that women re-entering the workforce after raising their children have incredible skills that will benefit any company.